Monday, April 20, 2009

BUCKETS, BRICKS AND STICKS

Buckets, Bricks, and Sticks is a massive drum formation utilizing the acoustics of buckets and bricks. The project is my proposal of an intervention and interaction. What is different about this 'drum line' compared to others is that nearly all the participants will have little or no percussion experience. My concern with current performing techniques is the space which lies between the artist and audience. Normally, this space is used to separate the artist who is dynamic and audience whom remains static.

Can i design an interaction where people feel not on display nor feel like a wall flower. My intervention intends to bridge the gap between artist and audience. My goal is to invite people to participate through semi-spontaneous compositions. I think learning by doing is essential for experience and development. My intention is to encourage people to do more and think less.









No comments:

Post a Comment