Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm perched.

Jessica Martin


................................................................................

Eryn Tomlinson



................................................................................

John O'Keefe


................................................................................

1|Do you use this space regularly?

JM|Yes.
ET|Yes, I basically live here.
JO|Yes.

2|What do you use it for?

JM|Smoking, taking a break.
ET|Smoking, talking, sitting.
JO|Smoking, waiting for Safe Ride.

3|What would you say the intended purpose of this space is?

JM|Circulation, entrance...definition of entrance.
ET|Entrance
JO|Smoking, waiting for Safe Ride.

4|Briefly describe the space.

JM|Narrow, sectional quality, different levels.
ET|Homey, where everyone goes to take breaks.
JO|Tall, pillars, cold, cool in the summer, sheltered...

5|Do you feel a sense of ownership for this space? Or do you feel like a guest here?

JM|I feel a sense of ownership.
ET|I don't feel like a guest, I feel like it's my little corner of RISD.
JO|It depends on who is here. Among students, yes, among faculty and administration, not as much.

6|What is appealing to you about this space? Why do you come here?

JM|Convenience.
ET|To watch everybody walking by.
JO|Fresh air, you can't smoke inside. Usually there are people hanging out.

7|Do you feel any obligation when you are in this space?

JM|Not at all.
ET|I feel like I have to smoke.
JO|No.

No comments:

Post a Comment